The Fonds Régnier pour la Création and Agence VU’ are launching MP#04, the fourth edition of their photographic mentorship, initiated in 2020.
This artistic support program offers emerging photographers in the process of becoming professional photographers, the opportunity to benefit from a personalized follow-up for 9 months. They will be supervised by the Agence VU’ team, its photographers and invited experts. MP#04 aims to support the development of the selected photographers’ personal projects, to sharpen their understanding of the professional world and to give them the tools to inscribe their singularity in the contemporary creative landscape.
At the end of the program, MP#04 will organize an event-exhibition at the Galerie VU’ to present the works realized to the general public and to professionals.
MP#04 will take place from October 2023 to June 2024.
The call for applications is open from April 20 to June 1, 2023, at midnight.
Who can participate?
This call for applications is reserved exclusively for emerging French-speaking photographers who must :
- master the techniques of the photographic production chain,
- have already produced personal work,
- have a photographic project under development,
- have the objective of entering the professional world,
- be available to devote themselves to the development of their project and to follow the mentoring program assiduously during the 9 months of the mentorship.
- be present at the opening of the exhibition in mid-September 2024
This call for applications is not open to professional photographers with continuing education rights in 2023-2024.
How to participate?
Online via the form: https://forms.gle/JriA9nmeMDafcRaM8
Submitted no later than June 1, 2023, the application must include the following PDF files:
- CV or biography – 1 page maximum
- Explanatory note of the photographic project in progress, its state of progress and its final form envisaged (exhibition, edition, photographic film…) – 1 page maximum
- Letter of motivation – 1 page maximum – specifying in particular :
o artistic and professional objectives,
o needs for support identified to make the project succeed,
o availability during the 9 months of the mentorship: organization of the schedule for the realization of the photographic project, number of days per month that he/she will be able to devote to personal work and to the follow-up of the mentorship program, possible constraints…
o current status with respect to access to professional training.
- Portfolio of 15 to 20 pages in total: selection of a previous and current project
When and how does the selection process take place?
The jury will make the selections and possibly hold auditions in June and early summer. The jury may contact the candidates in order to better understand their project and their motivation. The selection criteria will mainly be: the interest, originality and photographic quality of the project, the relevance of the artistic and professional objectives, and the coherence between the candidate’s profile and the mentoring proposals. The official announcement of the winners of MP#04 will take place in September 2024 during the opening of the MP#03 exhibition.
- April 20: Opening of the call for applications
- June 1: Closing of the call for applications
- June – July: Selection of the winners
- September: Official announcement of the MP#04 winners during the MP#03 vernissage
Laurence Régnier: President of the Fonds Régnier pour la Création
Amandine Bouygues: Executive Director of the Fonds Régnier pour la Création
Xavier Soule : General Manager of VU’ – AV-Tech Group
Patricia Morvan: Co-director of the VU’ Agency
Patrick Codomier : Co-director of VU’ Agency
Caroline Bénichou: Head of the VU’ Gallery
Mathias Nouel: Head of VU’Education
Jean-Baptiste Henimann: Head of International Press
What does the Mentoring program consist of?
Under the supervision of the VU’ team, each winning photographer will benefit from a personalized and transdisciplinary program established on the basis of prior discussions. This involves project support provided by the VU’ team and by mentor photographers, supplemented by expert consultations and professional meetings, participation in training courses of the VU’Education program as well as collective, theoretical and practical workshops: writing workshops, introduction to commercial circuits, exhibition scenography issues, etc. At the end of the 9 months of mentoring, an exhibition-event will be organized to present to the general public and to professionals the projects realized by the winning photographers.
For any information about this call for applications, contact: Mathias Nouel / firstname.lastname@example.org
All the information on the document in attachment: Call for applications MP#04, in French 🙂
To learn more about the previous editions of the mentorship: MP#01, MP#02, MP#03.