The Fonds Régnier pour la Création and the Agence VU’ are launching MP#02, the second edition of their photographic mentorship initiated in 2020.
This artistic support program offers emerging photographers in the process of becoming professional photographers, the opportunity to benefit from a personalized follow-up for 9 months. They will be supervised by the Agence VU’ team, its photographers and external experts with a triple objective: to accompany the development of the personal projects of the selected authors, to sharpen their understanding of the professional world and to give them tools to inscribe their singularity in the landscape of contemporary creation.
At the end of the program, MP#02 will give them the opportunity to present their work to the general public and to professionals through an exhibition-event.
MP#02 will take place from September 2021 to June 2022.
The call for applications is open from May 1st to June 15th 2021.
Who can participate?
The call is open to emerging French-speaking photographers only*.
They must master the techniques of the photographic production chain, have already produced personal work and have a photographic project under development. They must be in a position to enter the professional world. Finally, candidates must be available to devote themselves to the development of their project and to the mentoring program during the mentoring period.
*Professional photographers with continuing education rights for 2021-2022 are not affected by this call.
How to participate?
Via the form: https://forms.gle/SfwpBwRUSm1vNAfz9 until June 15, 2021
The application will include a file in PDF format comprising:
- A CV or biography – 1 page maximum
- An explanatory note of the photographic project in progress, its state of progress and the final form envisaged (exhibition, edition, photographic film…) – 1 page maximum
- A letter of motivation for the mentorship
– 1 page maximum – including
- the artistic and professional objectives of the candidate
- the needs for support identified by the candidate to bring his/her project to fruition
- the applicant’s availability for mentoring: the number of hours available per month for personal work and the mentoring program; any constraints during the 2021-2022 academic year
- current status with respect to access to professional training
- A portfolio of 15-20 pages in total including an excerpt from a previous project and an excerpt from the current project
How are the winners selected?
The jury will meet during the summer to make a selection among the candidates. They will be contacted for an exchange of views to better understand their project and their motivations. The selection criteria will include: the interest and originality of the project, its photographic quality, the relevance of the candidate’s artistic and professional objectives, and the match between the candidate’s profile and the mentoring support proposals. The public announcement of the winners will take place on September 9, 2021 during the opening of the MP#01 exhibition, the first edition of the mentorship.
What does the mentoring program consist of?
Each selected photographer will benefit, under the supervision of the VU’ team, from a personalized and transdisciplinary program established on the basis of preliminary exchanges. It will consist of project support provided by the VU’ team and by mentor photographers, complemented by consultations with experts, participation in VU’Education program training sessions and professional meetings. All of this punctuated by collective workshops allowing for the sharing of experience and common theoretical contributions (writing workshop, knowledge of commercial circuits, exhibition scenography issues, etc.).
At the end of the 9 months of mentoring, an event will be organized to present the projects realized by the selected photographers so that they can meet the public and the professionals.
- May 1st: Opening of the call for applications
- June 15: Closing of applications
- June 15 – August 30: Selection of candidates
- September 9: Public announcement of the MP#02 winners during the MP#01 vernissage
Laurence Régnier: President of the Fonds Régnier pour la Création
Amandine Bouygues: Executive Director of the Fonds Régnier pour la Création
Xavier Soule: CEO of the VU’ Agency
Patrick Codomier: Co-director of the VU’ Agency
Patricia Morvan: Co-director of VU’ Agency
Caroline Bénichou: Head of VU’ Gallery
Mathias Nouel: Head of VU’Education
For any information concerning this call for applications, contact: Mathias Nouel / firstname.lastname@example.org